Installing an APK
Due to the Great Firewall of China which blocks Google and it's servers, the app unfortunately cannot be downloaded from the Google Play Store while in China. You can however download the .apk file from our server and install the app manually, bypassing Google Play.
Downloading and installing using your Android device
- From a browser on your Android device, visit https://files.skritter.com/android
- Select the most recent version of the app
- Select the .apk file that matches your device's platform and your language preference.
- Once downloaded, open your "downloads", tap on the .apk file, then tap "yes" when prompted
How to install extra audio
The .apk does not contain audio files for the pronunciation of less common words, however you can download and install the audio expansion after installing the app.
- From a browser via computer, visit https://files.skritter.com/android/expansion/
- Copy the directory "com.inkren.skritter.chinese" or "com.inkren.skritter.japanese", depending on your language preference
- Paste the directory onto your device's internal sdcard in the "Android/obb" directory
- Restart the Skritter application