The study page is where you do all of your writing, reading, definition, and tone prompt reviews. In addition to studying, here you can change your settings, add new words, and edit definitions or mnemonics.
The canvas is where you answer the various prompt types. This is where you trace the strokes on your screen, or tap to reveal reading, definition and tone prompts. Once a prompt is complete, a set of grading buttons will display at the bottom of the canvas.
Tap the add word (+) button at the top right hand side of the study window to manually add a new word at any time.
The settings gear is where you can adjust your study settings.
Prompt Action Buttons
- Stroke Order
- Tap the stroke order button to have a step by step guide to the character in the correct stroke order.
- Tap the erase button to erase the character you've written, whether complete or partially written
- Tap the reveal button to show the completed character outline. Once you begin to write, the character begins to fade
- Correct / Incorrect Toggle
- Tap the correct / incorrect toggle button to switch the character's grade from incorrect to correct and vice versa.
- Replay Audio
- Tap the speaker icon to replay the audio pronunciation.
- Star Word
- Tap the star icon to star or unstar a word.
- Edit definition / mnemonic
- Tap the edit button to toggle editing the definition and mnemonic area. Once done, tap the edit button again to save the changes.
- Ban Word
- Tap the ban word button to ban the word from your studies
- Detailed Word Information
- Tap the (i) info button to view more detailed information on a word, or reference various dictionaries.