Study Screen Overview
The study screen is where all the action is -- it's where you practice words, whether they are new or pending review. In addition to practicing / reviewing, you can add new words manually, change Quick Settings, and view more detailed information directly from the study screen.
The canvas is where you answer the various prompt types. This is where you trace the strokes on your screen, or tap to reveal reading, definition and tone prompts. Once a prompt is complete, a set of grading buttons will display at the bottom of the canvas.
Tap the add word (+) button at the top right hand side of the study window to manually add a new word at any time.
The settings gear is where you can adjust your study settings.
Prompt Action Buttons
- Stroke Order
- Tap the stroke order button to have a step by step guide to the character in the correct stroke order.
- Tap the erase button to erase the character you've written, whether complete or partially written
- Tap the reveal button to show the completed character outline. Once you begin to write, the character begins to fade
- Correct / Incorrect Toggle
- Tap the correct / incorrect toggle button to switch the character's grade from incorrect to correct and vice versa.
- Replay Audio
- Tap the speaker icon to replay the audio pronunciation.
- Star Word
- Tap the star icon to star or unstar a word.
- Ban Word
- Tap the ban word button to ban the word from your studies
- Detailed Word Information
- Tap the (i) info button to view more detailed information on a word, or reference various dictionaries.