Classroom 1.2 Updates (NEW)
Skritter Classroom 1.2 Updates
This document explores some of the changes and updates that are now live on the Skritter Classroom client. Before we get into the details, here is a quick list of what's new!
- Student study time spent in Learn, Test, and Review activities is now displayed on the Classroom Progress page.
- Classrooms now show a created date on the main page.
- Items learned on the Skritter: Write Chinese and Skritter: Write Japanese apps now update percentages on the Assignments pages
- Progress stats for items studied and time spent can now be filtered by Review activities and Test activities
Here are some specific screens on the Skritter Classroom client that have changed with the Classroom 1.2 update.
Tracking Progress on Individual Assignments
Individual assignments on Skritter Classroom now show the section and percent added progress for students studying on both the Skritter Website and Skritter: Write Chinese and Skritter: Write Japanese apps. We will continue to improve this screen to include further details in the coming weeks and months, but wanted to make sure that basic tracking was deployed for the start of the next term!
Filtering for Test and Review Activity Progress
With the Skritter Classroom 1.2 update, you can now filter for review and test activity progress. This is particularly useful if you'd like to see how much time students are spending testing and/or reviewing on any given day. It also helps you better understand the variance between retention rates on test and review activities.
In order to filter for specific activities, select the Success Rate or Studied options to be shown in the table for a given date range. After that, you'll be able to see the data for a given day based on All activities or, you can filter for Review activities or Test activities respectively.
What's coming next?
The Skritter Classroom 1.2 update is only the beginning of what we have planned for the short-term future. We are currently working on the following features to be deployed to the Skritter Classroom client in the coming weeks and months.
- The option to set section-level assignments with due dates based on the textbooks and decklists you've uploaded to the classroom.
- The option to send emails about assignments and due dates directly to students from the classroom client.
- Better assignment progress tracking
- Insights into student's study activities and study behavior
Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help!